10.05.2011

A while ago...actually several months ago I posted about the table I was refinishing. Here's the pic again of my brother helping me sand it off:
That sucker took a ton of work. Mostly because I made a mistake, but to sum it up... my advice to anyone is to never use epoxy on furniture, only very small projects. It could have been much easier if I skipped that step. I love it though, it now fits our larger family, plus some! And I got it at a thrift store for $65.
I'm sure it'd look lovelier with some decorations, but I'm quite happy just seeing it clean.

For Lucas's preschool co-op, we needed aprons, so I made 5 little aprons out of some yellow and red vinyl I had left over from another project and added bias tape around the neck. He is here modeling after practically a whole day wearing it in front of the kitchen sink. This boy LOVES playing with water. I just add a few toys, measuring cup, medicine dropper, etc and a little soap for bubbles and he's good for an hour, perhaps more.This last picture is a project I started about a year ago when in Colorado. I didn't finish it for the fall decorations then, but here they are! Cute cloth pumpkins. Although they don't look so cute here, I think I need to take a photography class.
There have always been plenty, it seems a majority, of people that say fall is their favorite season. I never understood it, everything dies, who enjoys that?? My favorite season has always been spring. BUT...I am really enjoying this fall, the excitement our kids have over remembering decorations from last year, pulling them out. Traditions. ( : My favorite season might be changing...

2 comments:

Mare said...

I love your pumpkins...I'd love to make some! Your table looks great!!

Anonymous said...

Happiness! I love the way your table turned out. I just refinished a $5 thrift store desk for Kevin’s room. I love good deals and projects that actually work out! Miss you=0