9.08.2012

Treasure Hunt

A while ago I found some reward charts that were treasure map themed with gold coin stickers for each  good thing done.  I have been saving up for a while up till the treasure hunt James and I put on for the boys.  I got some pirate swords (plastic), Pirates' Booty corn puffs, the new Pirates: Band of Misfits movie, some pirates' club shirts with each boys name on it, and a treasure chest filled with treasure!  I may have gone a little overboard in my excitement, but it made for a fun saturday!  I made a map and had clues that were around the house, inside and out, and led to the sandy place, an area in the park just for little kids with pails and shovels where the treasure was actually buried (thanks James!!) with an X on top of it.

Ancient Treasure Map 'found' in our basement
First Clue at the Flag Pole
Daddy even dressed as a buccaneer!
Our best pirate pose.  ARRGH!
Pirate's Booty and movie
The last  clue lead to the X
Daddy and Micah watch as we dug for gold!
Found!!
Gold and some jewels too!

No comments: