9.08.2012

First Week of Homeschooling

I was nervous the week before school started.  I had spent all this time picking, buying, and reading curriculums that maybe I worked myself up.  I prepared for the worst behavior from my toddler, and whining and complaining from my big boys.  It went AMAZING though.  We are schooling year round -four days a week with seven weeks off throughout the year.  At least, that's the plan for this year.  Here is an peek into our school:

We start off with calendaring during breakfast.  Scripture, character, and a bit of spanish study take place then.
The side of our schoolroom with my desk and the older two kids desks.

The other side of the school room.  There is another cabinet and Micah's little desk on the right side cut out of the pic.

In our schoolroom, a workchart with velcro subjects allows Cobin (and Lucas-he has his own) to see what subjects we are going to do that day.  He also likes the feeling of accomplishment that he gets when he finishes a subject and gets to pull it off the chart.
Keeping Micah entertained one morning with connect 4.
Study of the Ancients: Egyptian tablet making with hieroglyphs.
The finished product. 
We also made a 'papyrus' scroll, though I didn't get any pictures of it opened up yet.
I cannot express how happy I am to be doing this.  Hopefully it doesn't wear off!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Um, you're AMAZING!!!! Did you know that? I'm seriously overwhelmed just looking at all that stuff.