8.27.2012

SUP

My latest adventure was stand up paddle boarding (SUP) with my sister in law.  We were very ambitious and wouldn't settle with wasting our time on a silly lake.....we paddle boarded across Elliot Bay.  Amazingly, we didn't get in the way of the ferries or container ship that went by when we were out, though we did have to stop often for smaller private vessels.  While we were out we saw several jelly fish and a seal close up.  We both fell in--paddle boarding requires extreme balance and the water was cold!!  The water rocking my board left me with that sensation the ground is moving until the next day and I am still sore from the 3-4 hour balancing and paddling workout, but it was worth it.  I have a little fear of deep water (including deep ends of swimming pools) so I feel great having stared down the murky waters of the Puget Sound.   

No comments: