4.22.2012

My dear second child has quite the imagination.  And obsession with superheroes.  In one day he was at least 4 different superheroes, the orange one being "Orange Man", aka the superhero that hits bad guys with oranges till they stop being bad.  And he is followed by Buzz.  I don't always have my camera, so I didn't capture him as his other alter ego: Super Girl (a superman costume with a 70s wig James bought for halloween)

 The park we live in has a beach, though I don't know if there's a name for it.  It has a functioning light house on it that makes the scene super nice.
This picture of the beach looks straight out of twilight to me.


 I did something crazy, and I'm really not a crazy person.  I chopped off all of my hair.  In high school it was down to my waist.  That's the kinda person I usually am----long rod straight hair and muted earthy tone clothes.   As I've gotten older, I have branched out of my comfort zone and had some fun.  Here's another thing I can now say I haved tried: the pixie cut.  It was kind of a spur-of-the-moment thing, I decided that day to cut my hair and by 6 pm it was gone.  I didn't take any before pics, so these two silly/sweet pics with Micah are the best I have.


It's been a week yesterday and I'm slowly getting used to it.  Everyone says it's probably so much easier to take care of, but I haven't figured out how I like it best so it takes me a while to get anywhere.  I like it OK, but I'm not planning on keeping super short hair.

2 comments:

Mare said...

Beautiful - LOVE it. I cut 8 inches off of mine and felt very adventurous. Looks the same as always - No one even noticed... :)

Lori Ann said...

You are beautiful any way you wear your hair. But, if you don't love it grow it back out, hair is nice cause it will grow back in time (well, since you're a girl and not a bald man). Love the pictures of the house, it looks fabulous!