8.23.2010

Introducing Micah

Here is Micah. We weren't expecting him to show until tuesday, which is when the induction was scheduled...both the other boys waited until the induction. There was a baby shower at 7 friday night, and that's when we went up to the hospital! Bummer, I missed out on the cake and ice cream... I hadn't realized I was in labor, and he'd been pretty sleepy, so we went in to make sure everything was ok and ended up staying. When I was at a 6 the doc gave me a little pitocin to speed things up, and by 12:20 saturday morning he arrived. He weighed 8 lbs 9 oz and was 22 inches long. Everything went great!
Proud Papa!The next day a visitor took our photo, after very little rest.This was right after he got cleaned up, I still had the shakes.
Micah's first bathAunt Jackie has been helping out with our big brothers. We were lucky she came early!The boys meeting their new baby brother and so excited!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is seriously one of the cutest newborns I ever seen Lauren! I want to kiss those cheeks! Hope you're enjoying him and you heal quickly! Miss you guys already.

Whetton Family said...

He is so adorable! Congrats you guys!

Alana said...

Congratulations! 3 boys- so exciting. I never get good rest at the hospital after having a baby. That is why I am thinking of having a home birth for the next child. With as quickly as the last boy came, I might not have a choice! :o) Hope you adjust quickly to having a new child and are blessed with much needed energy and help from friends. If I lived closer I'd come clean your house, watch your children so you could get showers or a nap in and make meals in a heart-beat! A big hug to you and your new little one. :o)